Annual Ashura Procession Australia
The Annual Ashura Procession Australia is a procession held every year, since 2004, to remember and promote Imam Hussain and his legacy. The various guides and aims of the event are stated in the sub-headings below. Through his reform, Imam Hussain paved the path for human unity by helping those who were oppressed. The process of bringing people together to remember him in turn fulfils this great vision.
Aims Of Ashura Procession
- To reflect and announce the legacy of Imam Hussain.
- To promote Imam Mahdi’s message of world peace and harmony.
- To unite people from various regions and background.
- To reject any act of terror in Australia or elsewhere.
The Annual Ashura Procession in Australia is guided by the following principles:
1. Religious supervision is under His Eminence Ayatollah Sheikh Mohammad Hussein Al-Ansari.
2. Our intentions are only to get closer to Allah, remember and promote the cause of Imam Hussain (as).
3. We will not promote in any way the name or cause of any individual, political party, mosque, centre, organisation, business, association etc except Imam Hussain (as).
4. We will not work to make a profit, but any donations people may provide shall be spent in the organisation and promotion of the Annual Ashura Procession.
5. Anyone is welcome to join committee meetings from any mosque, centre, association, group or representing themselves individually (all Shia centres have been invited and will be invited every year).
6. All those involved in organising, participating or promoting the Annual Ashura Procession agree to act within the Australian law and the ethics of our religion as well as cooperate with organisers and authorities on the day.